Breaking

Monday 24 July 2017

Confirmed: Antonio Conte’s £27m target officially completes transfer move






Chelsea have handed a massive blow in the race for Brazilian full-back Danilo, as Manchester City have announced the signing of 26-year-old right-back, who has revealed that he turned down the chance to move elsewhere so he could work under Pep Guardiola.
The former Real Madrid star was also wanted by Chelsea head coach Antonio Conte, but the Citizens have won the race for his signature in a deal believed to be worth around £27m.
Danilo is expected to compete for a place in at the Etihad Stadium with fellow new signing and right-back Kyle Walker, though he can also cover at left-back and in midfield if needed.
And the Brazil international, who has already linked up with his new team-mates in the United States, admits he is excited about getting to work under Pep Guardiola.
After penning terms on a five-year deal and completing a medical, South American defender said: ‘I am very, very happy to be joining Manchester City.
‘There has been strong interest from other clubs, but it has always been my ambition to play for Pep Guardiola. As soon as I heard of his interest, I knew immediately I wanted to be a City player.
‘I can’t wait to get started and I’m looking forward to getting to know my new teammates over the coming weeks.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly drop your comment here