Breaking

Sunday 15 April 2018

MOURINHO REACTS TO WEST BROM DEFEAT

Jose Mourinho felt his Manchester United team "deserved to be punished" in Sunday's 1-0 defeat at home to West Bromwich Albion. 


The Reds slipped to a surprise loss against the relegation-threatened Baggies at Old Trafford, courtesy of a second-half header from Jay Rodriguez.

Read the thoughts of the boss in his post-match interview with Sky Sports...

‘WE DESERVED TO BE PUNISHED’
“I think we were deservedly punished because we were masters in complication. Players didn’t want to or couldn’t play simple. Everything was slow, everything was one more touch, one more flick, one more trick, one more turn, ball lost and no continuity or fluidity in our football. I don’t think we deserved to lose but we gave them the opportunity to win the match by being solid in defense and smelling a chance in a set-play which they did.”

DID THE WIN OVER CITY AFFECT THE PLAYERS?
“I know them [my players], I smell, I have a lot of experience and that’s not me because I won eight titles and I’m not in the moon because I won against Manchester City – a match that is only three points. But I saw lots of people in the moon because we won against Manchester City like winning against Manchester City was the most important thing of the season. I won too much to just be happy with one big victory and during the week I was trying to fight that because I was feeling and you could see the difference of attitude in some players today compared to other weeks. Masters of complication – we complicated our football since the beginning and gave West Bromwich Albion the chance to feel quite comfortable in their football.”

WE SHOULD HAVE HAD A PENALTY IN THE FIRST HALF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly drop your comment here